Summer Hangouts for You and Fido
Summer is a time to be outdoors with family, friends, and of course, your beloved pet pooch. Here we provide a few links to explore for New York City pet friendly locations where you can go with your dog to enjoy the summer sun.
- Check out the nycgovparks.org website for great general information about New York City parks and dog parks where you can take your dog. It offers links to NYC park locations and regulations.
- Take a look at the nycgovparks.org general pet owner’s guide for more information on having the best and safest time in the park with your furry friend.
- Central Park is a must if you live in the New York. Visit the Central Park Paws information page on the Central Park website to check out their dog friendly events, like Bagel Barks, evening Bark before Dark and Hound Hikes.
- An essential location for your summer walks? The beach of course! Catch some sun and waves at Larchmont doggie beach, just 30 minutes north of NYC.
- Don’t have a pet to enjoy the summer with yet? Check out Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Adoptapalooza at Union Square this September. There you will get to meet hundreds of dogs, cats and bunnies ready for adoption. You’re sure to find the perfect addition to your household. And if you already have a four-legged friend, bring them by for agility lesions, microchipping, grooming, health advice and pet photography!
Have fun this summer and make sure to read our next post on summer and heat safety tips for you and your pet!